Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
ramcharger001
Wrecks
6 posters

An interesting mod

Wrecks

An interesting mod Empty An interesting mod

Post by Wrecks Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:01 pm

As none of you save one person may know, my brother is ramcharger001. I originally signed up here because... well, I don't mod, but I do make some sigs and banners and s*it like that.

Anyways, I've been pestering my broski about this for awhile. A very interesting mod for ANY racing game, but especially a Need for Speed game (that has free roam, mind you) would be to make a large-ish mod that included Hot Wheels cars. Rather than replacing the current cars with cars that already exist in the real world, I challenge someone on this thread to make the most interesting mod that I will have yet seen: a mod with cars that, for the most part, don't exist. I'm not talking about hot wheels cars based on real cars, by the way; I'm talking about exotic crap like Power Pipes, Slingshot, Reverb, and Deora II.

So, if anybody is up to the 3D modeling and mapping or w/e required, I challenge you to challenge yourself by making this mod.

This post just got Wrecked.

Last edited by Wrecks on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ramcharger001
    ramcharger001

An interesting mod Empty Re: An interesting mod

Post by ramcharger001 Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Wrecks wrote:I'm not talking about how wheels cars based on real cars
    Umm... grammar much, dude? sweatdrop

But yeah, he really IS my brother; I had no idea he was gonna actually make an account here... glare

On the mod, I think that we need to specify that it would be a "Hot Wheels Concept Cars Global Mod" or something like that, especially since the original Hot Wheels were mostly hot rods, muscle cars and customs... Wink
    Wrecks

Post by Wrecks Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:11 pm

^what he said

And I don't see what you're talking about with the grammar thing... looks acceptable to me.
    Competizione
    Competizione
    Administrator

Post by Competizione Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:00 pm

Fyi, introducing is done in the introduction thread. Anyways welcome to RD, I'm Competizione, the village idiot of RD lol.
    Max Cruise
    Max Cruise

Post by Max Cruise Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:15 pm

Wrecks wrote:As none of you save one person may know, my brother is ramcharger001. I originally signed up here because... well, I don't mod, but I do make some sigs and banners and s*it like that.

Anyways, I've been pestering my broski about this for awhile. A very interesting mod for ANY racing game, but especially a Need for Speed game (that has free roam, mind you) would be to make a large-ish mod that included Hot Wheels cars. Rather than replacing the current cars with cars that already exist in the real world, I challenge someone on this thread to make the most interesting mod that I will have yet seen: a mod with cars that, for the most part, don't exist. I'm not talking about hot wheels cars based on real cars, by the way; I'm talking about exotic crap like Power Pipes, Slingshot, Reverb, and Deora II.

So, if anybody is up to the 3D modeling and mapping or w/e required, I challenge you to challenge yourself by making this mod.

This post just got Wrecked.

Umm... may I raise a question, sir? Whats the future of this project, really, if you don't mind the question itself?
    Wrecks

Post by Wrecks Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:20 am

@Competizione: Thank you. I didn't see it, but I figured it was probably a good way to segue into my request.

@Max Cruise: I don't quite understand what you're asking, so allow me to clarify my idea further and see if that helps.

The idea behind this global mod is, basically, to turn it into a hot wheels game >.> That may sound stupid, but if you add in modifying cars (in-game), this could be a very interesting mod.

What I envision is a global where every 'normal' car is replaced by an exotic hot wheels car. Including cop and traffic cars. That way, you just wind up seeing lots of concepts everywhere, rather than a global mod focused towards tuners, or exotics, or hot rods... etc. Extreme concepts is the main idea.

Now, I have no idea (okay, well, some) of the amount of effort that will be necessary to pull this off. Lots of 3D modeling and stuff, since I don't think there are a ton of great models of hot wheels out there.

Hope that cleared things up a bit.
    Competizione
    Competizione
    Administrator

Post by Competizione Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:56 pm

Hot Wheels Stunt Track Driver was awesome, I second the idea
    Max Cruise
    Max Cruise

Post by Max Cruise Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:50 pm

Though, it is completely a different and unique idea (Personally speaking,I've never come across a single thing like this ever before),I support this. Lets see how many people agree and make it popular.As for the participation,I'd say I know the stuff (well,very little,I'd say), but I usually don't have time even for myself.The field I work in is directly related to playing videogames and watching movies for hours (that's what we'll get paid for Wink),but seriously,I get a very little free time.And that usually is consumed by partying out or dating,for most of the times.I feel I've said a lot,actually.
    ramcharger001
    ramcharger001

Post by ramcharger001 Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:51 am

If someone had a copy of Hot Wheels: Beat That! for PC, we could probably rip those models... And maybe the Hot Wheels: World Race game as well, just for the sake of the Deora II...
    Competizione
    Competizione
    Administrator

Post by Competizione Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:01 am

I have Hot Wheels Stunt Track Driver and Hot Wheels Stunt Track Driver 2 if that helps

Max Cruise wrote:Though, it is completely a different and unique idea (Personally speaking,I've never come across a single thing like this ever before),I support this. Lets see how many people agree and make it popular.As for the participation,I'd say I know the stuff (well,very little,I'd say), but I usually don't have time even for myself.The field I work in is directly related to playing videogames and watching movies for hours (that's what we'll get paid for Wink),but seriously,I get a very little free time.And that usually is consumed by partying out or dating,for most of the times.I feel I've said a lot,actually.

Yup, you said too much, completely off topic and nobody cares.
    SLZ Roadstar
    SLZ Roadstar

Post by SLZ Roadstar Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:05 am

Max Cruise wrote:Though, it is completely a different and unique idea (Personally speaking,I've never come across a single thing like this ever before),I support this. Lets see how many people agree and make it popular.As for the participation,I'd say I know the stuff (well,very little,I'd say), but I usually don't have time even for myself.The field I work in is directly related to playing videogames and watching movies for hours (that's what we'll get paid for Wink),but seriously,I get a very little free time.And that usually is consumed by partying out or dating,for most of the times.I feel I've said a lot,actually.

What you wrote doesn't even serve the purpose of the thread. No one has time. But no one mentions the reason publicly as to why they don't have? You said you only know a very little. So even if you got time, then how can you help?

About the idea, its good one. But I don't know whether anyone is interested to convert those cars. Convertors these days are more into supercars & they are barely interested in Fantasy stuff. About 3d modelling, barely anyone does it these days & if its fantasy, its strictly no no. So I doubt on the success of this project.

ramcharger001
    ramcharger001

Post by ramcharger001 Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:08 am

@Competizione, I think that Stunt Track Driver 1 is too low-poly for MW; can you please post a list of the cars in the second one and also let us know what you think of the quality of the meshes is?

I've got a lot of projects right now between the Impala and Fem's MW mod, but if someone can provide the raw meshes, I'll convert 'em when I get the time Smile
    Competizione
    Competizione
    Administrator

Post by Competizione Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:18 pm

The quality of Stunt Track Driver 2 is pretty average, if I might add well for the age of the game, it being made in 2000.

Honestly I can't find any info on the internet, so I'll try to install it on my PC. Take in mind I do think the game is broken so I'm not sure when I'll be able to upload screens.

And the 1st one too low-poly... man it has the coolest car list ever...
    Max Cruise
    Max Cruise

Post by Max Cruise Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:38 pm

Well,I accept I know very little, currently,but I feel that (if this project is a long-time one) I'll be able to help in some time as my character modelling semester is about begin.As for my personal reasons,I don't think anybody who isn't interested should post about it.I am not really caring much about the critics /douchebags these days Wink...
    Competizione
    Competizione
    Administrator

Post by Competizione Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:11 pm

Well if you know we don't care, don't post about it. And if you still feel like posting it, do it in the right section, namely offtopic
    ramcharger001
    ramcharger001

Post by ramcharger001 Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:19 pm

Competizione wrote:The quality of Stunt Track Driver 2 is pretty average, if I might add well for the age of the game, it being made in 2000.

Honestly I can't find any info on the internet, so I'll try to install it on my PC. Take in mind I do think the game is broken so I'm not sure when I'll be able to upload screens.

Okay, no problem if it is busted Smile
    I'm only judging from the screens I saw of the first one; it looked like they were more suited to HS rather than MW, but then again I could be wrong, so... Wink
    Max Cruise
    Max Cruise

Post by Max Cruise Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:42 am

Competizione wrote:Well if you know we don't care, don't post about it. And if you still feel like posting it, do it in the right section, namely offtopic

Ai,Ai captain! LOL!!
    Hey,ram! At least you can keep me/us updated on the project,right?
    Competizione
    Competizione
    Administrator

Post by Competizione Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:42 am

ramcharger001 wrote:
    Competizione wrote:The quality of Stunt Track Driver 2 is pretty average, if I might add well for the age of the game, it being made in 2000.

Okay, no problem if it is busted Smile
    I'm only judging from the screens I saw of the first one; it looked like they were more suited to HS rather than MW, but then again I could be wrong, so... Wink

Well you're right, but the textures are so darn easy to get, you can simply open them with paint lol. Anyway, I'll have both games their car list up at around 2 september.

You're a lucky chap that I love Hot Wheels as much as you do Wrecks Razz
    ramcharger001
    ramcharger001

Post by ramcharger001 Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:10 am

^Hey, you better not forget me on that list of Hot Wheels lovers Razz
    Wrecks

Post by Wrecks Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:30 am

Thank you guys for the interest in this idea! At first, it seemed like nobody would really be interested, so this is pretty neat to see.

@SLZ: Well, thank you for being honest about it. Hopefully we'll see if anything happens.

As far as my contribution to the project, I can probably come up with some paint schemes and whatnot for the cars. I'm not exactly familiar with all the technicalities of making mods/meshes, so just let me know how I can help!
    Competizione
    Competizione
    Administrator

Post by Competizione Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:37 am

You can always help out by posting more offtopic bulls*it, then you're on my like list Very Happy
    Excelerate
    Excelerate
    Administrator

Post by Excelerate Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:30 pm

Interesting idea but I wonder for which NFS games you do want to make this mod...If it's NFS HS or HP2 it'll be ok to convert those cars but for MW or C I doubt how they(low poly models from those games) would look like...Regarding modelling those cars I agree SLZ...Nobody is interested in modelling cars now a days especially these concepts ones...So, only what we can do is just rip off those meshes from those games & convert them to the old NFS games...
    Competizione
    Competizione
    Administrator

Post by Competizione Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:03 pm

I think the Stunt Track 1 meshes can be used up to HP2, the STD2 (woah abbreviating Stunt Track Driver ain't cool...) might go for MW, but that's very end. Tried to install it on my laptop but apparently vista won't even let the installer run. Worthless (P)OS, I'll install it on my old old old xp, that one never lets me down Razz
    ramcharger001
    ramcharger001

Post by ramcharger001 Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:30 am

Competizione wrote:STD2
    LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLL!!!!! Razz
    Just kidding guys Smile

If I had HP2, I would definitely convert 'em for that game; the oldest I have is UG Sad
    If someone has a copy of the newer Beat That! Hot Wheels game, then please feel free to speak up; those models would probably be optimum for this mod idea...
    SLZ Roadstar
    SLZ Roadstar

Post by SLZ Roadstar Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:17 pm

I have HP2. But I don't remember whether I can convert for it. LOL. Last time I released something for it was ages ago. But the main question in consideration is, does anyone know to convert cars from Hot Wheels Stunt Track Driver?
    Competizione
    Competizione
    Administrator

Post by Competizione Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:54 pm

well the first one has pretty simple resource files I think. I can simply open them with my corel photoshop thingy. Never found the source files of the second one however confused
    SLZ Roadstar
    SLZ Roadstar

Post by SLZ Roadstar Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:02 am

You mentioned corel photoshop. Thats about textures. What about meshes? We will need to ask the expert - Jakob.
    ramcharger001
    ramcharger001

Post by ramcharger001 Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:52 am

What about 3DX-Ripper? That might work, but I tried it once and it warped the mesh...
    I think SLZ is probably right about asking Jakob Smile
    SLZ Roadstar
    SLZ Roadstar

Post by SLZ Roadstar Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:39 am

I also thought about 3d Ripper DX. But it extracts all unnecessary stuff too.
    ramcharger001
    ramcharger001

Post by ramcharger001 Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:32 pm

Yeah, that's true Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:45 pm